Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Jubilee!/Logistics

Hi all!

I've been asking you all for some ideas on dates, but not heard any feed back.  How about we also start talking about whether you want to do this on a weekend or during the week?

For those of us who will be coming from out of town, it's always cheaper to be there during the week.  We have a time share there, and my whole family is joining me, so if I can't get any dates from people, I'll just find out when I can get the time share and build it all around that.  I'm not trying to be selfish, but I think it's just better to get a date and then we can get going.  Most folks who live in town can work around almost anything.

Kimberly and I have already planned and organized our trip to Paris!  I'm amazed, we talked about it for a couple of weeks and then it's done.  Much easier to organize for two.  Anyway, Sara Honey is planning on joining us as well not to mention all the dancers we know over there. I wish you could all join us!  I'm excited to go and just be a tourist, just be me and not visiting family and not ever having time to do what I used to do in Paris.  I'm so lucky to have this time! (not that I don't appreciate my in-laws, but I miss ME sometimes ;-)

**If you want to receive more day to day updates, I've also started a Twitter account and you can find me simply as:  dancersdumonde

I was thinking I could gather everyone's email addresses and send out round mails.  Would you all be OK with that?

Brooke has been kind enough to help us get tickets.  I'm still trying to confirm the price.  Last year, we paid $10/person.  That's totally reasonable and we sat very close, which makes it more fun for us and the cast. 

I look forward to hearing from you!

2 comments:

  1. Hi all! I agree with Angelia, July is the worst time, but it's probably the cheapest for us coming in and mostly, I believe that's when the real date is in the first place. Angie, I'll try to get a Saturday as I know it's probably best for everyone living in town. No one says we out of towners can't get together before and after that! We'll try to do it like a HS reunion and have a couple of days that people can choose to meet up. I've already mentioned that we'll have a family meet up since I'll have mine and all the locals will have theirs. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So we've heard through the grapevine that the official Jubilee Anniversary is July 30. Also in town that weekend is a Siegfried & Roy Reunion on Sunday July 31 (casual get-together)and Monday Aug 1 with a party at Studio 54. I was in both shows as were many of us - so it would be great to all meet up on that last weekend in July!

    ReplyDelete