Saturday, April 9, 2011

Jubilee! reunion: Bally's date set to July 30th

Hey all,

thanks to Donna's post on FB (head dresser), she mentioned the new Pier costumes for the 30th Anniversary, July 30th!  So, we have the date, even if was obtained in a round about way.

I assumed it would be then anyway from the few insiders I've talked to.  Again, it works for a few folks that have done both Jubilee! & Siegfried & Roy.  

So, let's start putting in our thoughts for things around that date.  For me, as a traveler, it's still cheaper to avoid the weekend, unless it's a Sunday, but of course, I realize that may not be possible.

I still think Holly's comment about having a BBQ sounds good.  Now, we just need someone on the Vegas side to find a place with a shelter and reserve it.  Any takers?  If we have to pay a reservation fee, of course we will split the difference.  

Honestly, I think the BBQ would be the best time.  It's casual, family will be there and we can just relax and not shout over slot machines or bar noise.  Anyone agree to that?  We could make that the MAIN EVEN, then those that want to go to the show that night or another can be arranged as well.  (That said, it'll have to be a Friday for those current folks??  Donna, Diane, Anthony, Brooke, Steve, Julie, etc.--KIMBERLY--please let us know when the BBQ is for S&R!)

Please make some suggestions!  I just see that as the most basic for everyone.  Hope to hear from you!  

Vacation is waiting....love to all!  Cindy/Cynthia

5 comments:

  1. July 30 sounds great - I'm in! I would only be able to do a weekend since hubby would be watching the kids-I don't think I could haul the whole family to Vegas with me! Wish I could help with the planning but haven't been back there in years and am not sure if I still know anyone there. I'd love to see the show again, and yes, it would be nice to be able to catch up without a lot of background noise. Really, I'm up for anything, though, as long as I get to see my dancer friends!
    (btw-How do I get blog updates sent to my email?) -Angela Tanhoff Vokac

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going to be reunion month! 30th High School reunion in Sacramento on July 23rd...dang I'm old...and Vegas reunion July 30th. What a great month it will be to see old friends from two very different parts of my life. Cindy, a barbecue sounds like a great idea except it may be way hot! Not sure who will want to cook over a hot barbecue if it's 120 degrees, ha. Maybe we can order a big Subway sandwich or something and everyone bring side dishes and drinks so no one has heat stroke. I am more than willing to help where I can, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW--sorry for any confusion, I didn't mean that's the day we will all meet, just announcing when the official date is supposed to be. Stephen said that even in the show, there's been NO official announcement of any events or activities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy, I looked up park and rec. Looks like there is a nice park called Desert Breeze Park on West Spring Mountain/Durango. And, another nice one called Sunset Park on East Sunset Road. Or, we could always do Lake Mead!? I'll steal Ronnie's boat while we're at Lake Havasu, haha...skiing whoo hoo. Anyway, perhaps someone who lives there could check them out.

    ReplyDelete