Friday, March 25, 2011

HEAVEN & EARTH: one week countdown!

bonjour a tous!

I've now entered the one week countdown to my "coming out of retirement" show and I'm a mess.  My perimenopausal brain has left my memory crippled and insecure.  Usually, when I'm in a show, it's pretty easy to lose a few extra pounds.  I'm actually trying hard and while I'm getting into shape, I'm not really losing weight.  I've never considered doing a "Natalie Portman diet,"  I could almost go there this week, but I don't even know how to do a drastic weight loss...I guess that's a good thing...?  Anyway, for the average person, I'm in pretty good shape, ha!

Anyway, most of the stress comes from doing solos.  I've never been a soloist and I find it crazy that  now, at this age, that's what I'm doing, and a lot of it to boot.  I was glad to see that a few other dancers my age have also come out of retirement recently at the "Lido Tour goes to Moscow," a couple of weeks ago.  I saw that one of the dancers, two kids later, who started with me, actually looks BETTER than she did when we were starting the LIDO.   A new genre of dancer is emerging and it's so exciting.  They realize now they can have a family, age, and still enjoy dancing.  I'm a bit jealous that this wave didn't start 10 years ago when I thought at 33, "oh, I'm getting too old to do this anymore."  I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling that way (if you are reading this). 

I'm sorry I've not done anymore for the reunion.  I promise that I'll get back in the mode.  Even as I apologize, I'll be honest that no one else is coming up with anything either!

Kimberly, Sara and I have all of our logistics worked out for Paris.  We'll be staying with another fellow dancer the first two days and catching up with 2 more during that time (the Moulin Rouge group).  After Sara arrives, we'll then move to the Bastille area (where she and I stayed this summer during the LIDO reunion) and then we'll see some LIDO  & Crazy Horse friends.  I'm excited to see the Crazy after so many years.  The one and only time we saw it was when our friend Stacey Shea (SNude, Jubilee '94 started with Angelia and myself) was there for a few months before she got bored to death. 

Ok, I look forward to hearing from any of you out there! 

Dancers Dance,  love, Cynthia

2 comments:

  1. Laura Pardo (BB 94?) who lives in Costa Rica said that when we set a date, she'll come to the reunion! I think we need to have a contest for who comes the farthest, ha! Go Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Sara Honey!! (Jubilee!,LIDO,HHHollywood + more!) Sara & I will soon be strolling les petits rue de Paris! We've got to get our date for the reunion since she's got to get a ticket from the UK as well!

    ReplyDelete